After hours of squeezing magic sculpt over every surface of the peacock body, waiting for it to harden and then making a trap-door for the bird's belly (to hide the electronics), here he is, almost completely encased... and naked as the day he was born! (Although I'm not sure when exactly that is or will be???)
And he's cheeky too!
Once I test the head and a feather, I repair to the living room (it's getting dark) and start to lay out the tiny mosaic tiles to figure out at pattern for fan-tail portion. After almost wiping out all my efforts, Barry points out that I have set up shop right behind our front door. Oops. I sidle things over and start to read about mixing thin-set. We roll back the rug, cover the floor in paper and bring the bird inside. Up to the wee hours again as we mix more magic sculpt and finish covering the remaining bits of the back and neck. Of course, it is taking longer than I think!!! We fit and re-fit the slots for the back tail feathers and try to make the transition area to hold them look as natural as possible.
Almost ready for the tiles!!!